Do I need to replace my clutch?February 17, 2021
Air Conditioning Repair? Now might be the time.March 15, 2021
Nobody wants their car or van to fail the NCT. Doing so can be costlyand time consuming, as well as hugely inconvenient. Thankfully, thanks to the team here at Ana Motors Dublin, we can help make sure you do all you can to ensure your vehicle passes the NCT. Firstly, take note of this checklist.
Following this, you can make sure you are NCT ready by following these steps.
1. Check your fluids. vehicle engine for oil and water and ensure the windscreen washer is topped with water.These are usually labeled clearly under the bonnet and can be easily topped up at home.
2. Make sure that your boot is empty and the rest of your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal belongings.
3. The vehicle is reasonably clean in particular the lights, windows, mirrors and registration plate.
4. Make sure your vehicle's hubcaps have been removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to their correct pressure.
5. The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g.Cam belt/Timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre. If this is an area you are unsure about, get in touch.
6. All seat belts and clips are fully visible and in excellent working condition (including the rear seatbelt).
7. We recommend you have your lights professionally checked and set prior to the NCT. To arrange this, do not hesitate to get in touch.
8. Ensure your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection. If you are unsure as to what we mean by this, call us on +35318470047.
Next up are the documents you need to take with you on the day of your test. Before setting off for your NCT, read through the following steps to make sure you're not forgetting anything.
1. Before you leave, make sure you bring your vehicle registration book, registration certificate or licensing certificate with you to the test centre.
2. Bring identification in the form of Driving Licence or Public Services Card with you on the day of the test. If you do not provide identification will result in the vehicle not being issued with an NCT certificate at the time of the test.
3. Ensure you bring your test fee including any applicable cancellation fee, payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards. (excluding American Express).
If you feel your vehicle could do with extra love and attention, do not hesitate to contact us using the button below and hopefully we will see you soon!